Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A. Gatsby to Daisy

Dear Daisy,
     What is wrong with you? How can you marry someone, despite loving me? What about all the promises we made? How can you do this to me? I love you Daisy, and would never think of loosing you. I can't live without you. Please don't do this to me. You are ruining your life, as well as mine. I know you will never be happy with that man. Please Daisy, please!
     I know I promised to come back by December, but I am sorry my post was extended. I can't tell you how much I tried to come home to you. I am coming home next fall. I can never forget those wet eyes, that night I was leaving, your tears glistened with the lights from the streets. I can still feel that last quick kiss, before I boarded the ship. It was at that moment, I knew that we shared something that no one could possibly share. How will you forget what we shared? Those sweet moments in your white roadster. That first moment we shared when I saw you from the Camp Taylor grounds. I knew that very moment that you were the girl. You were the one I wanted to spend my life with. It was love at first sight. I never had thought I would fall so easily. I still remember you walking up with your white dress and I was astounded by your beauty. The exhilarating ripple in your voice was the thing that stood most out to me about you. I thought about the damp streak of hair that laid across your face that night after our first date. You wore my favorite color, white. It represented you so perfectly beautiful and pure. White was the start of our perfect relationship.
     Are you telling me you will forget all of this? My dearest Daisy you aren't understanding what you are getting yourself into. You know you love me more than anything, and I love you more than anything. Then why? Why are you doing this? I beg of you, please don't do this.
     I will come back right now if you want me to. I can end this right now. All that matters to me is you. I love you Daisy. Please don't marry someone else, I can't live without you.

                                                                                                                   Yours truly,
                                                                                                                                  Jay Gatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment